In the event your home incurs damages, what should you do?

First review your insurance policy. What does it cover? Does it cover floods? Does it cover wind mitigation? Unfortunately, standard homeowners’ and renters’ insurance policies often cover wind damage, but not groundwater flooding. That requires separate coverage from the National Flood Insurance Program or a private insurance company.

Second, document your losses! This is very important. Not doing so can impact your claim. If it is possible, take pictures and video. Include a list of damages and personal items. This could range from clothes to electronics.

Let’s say for example you have water damage. Do you know what it will take to get your property back to the pre-loss condition after suffering a water loss? Did the water wick up your walls? That’s right, it can and does soak up into your drywall like a sponge which can eventually lead to mold growth.

The bottom line is after water damage, property owners often face enormous repair bills and obstacles that can lead to an even larger loss. You don’t have to face your insurance company alone. Call Florida Claims Resources and let us be with you step by step in handling your claim with your insurance company to get you the maximum amount of coverage that you deserve. Our number is 954-345-7676. You can also visit us on the web at


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: